Leisure Activities in Dymchurch
Dymchurch Recreation Ground
Dymchurch recreation ground is located off St Mary's Road, just past the level crossing on the left. It is used for many leisure activities, including cricket and football.
Dogs are allowed but please keep on a lead around the play area and always clean up after your dog.
Shepway District Council undertook a project to improve play facilities at the Dymchurch recreation ground. The De Haan Charitable Trust is the main financier of the project which includes a Multi Use Games Area and several innovative forms of equipment.
outline plan Dymchurch Play Area
Clubs, Sports and Societies
- The Ace Music Club meets at Dymchurch British Legion (you don't have to be an RBL member) on a Wednesday evening 7pm - 9pm. If you play a musical instrument come along and improve your playing, increase your confidence and join others for an evening of musical 'practice'. You don't need to be a superstar, all ages and abilities welcome. For more information, please email Sue Perrett.
- Dymchurch Cricket Club play their games at the Recreation Ground in Dymchurch (see above). The club are actively seeking new players; all players of all ages and abilities are very welcome. If you're interested please contact Andy Ford on 07748 991497 email
- Dymchurch and District Sea Angling Club, open to all, provides fishing boat launch facilities, angling competitions for boat and beach fishing. Their premises are on the sea wall. email
- Dymchurch & District Heritage Group. Our aim is to preserve the history of Dymchurch for future generations. We are very interested in hearing from people who have photographs, documents, and stories so that we can copy and keep safely in our records. Our membership is always growing and we are always planning very interesting evenings. Maybe you would like to come and enjoy them with us you will be made very welcome. email
- Dymchurch Meeting Point. Every Monday at 10am at the Methodist Church Hall. A community group open to all – pop in for a cuppa, chat and make new friends. For more information call the coordinator 01233 758122.
- Dymchurch Players are a local drama group who stage their productions at the Village Hall. For more information, please visit their website. If you would like to join the group please contact Diane Wimble email 01303 873618.
- Dymchurch Rainbow & Guides. Rainbows are the youngest members of the Guides, girls aged five to seven years old. They participate in arts and crafts, games, singing and other activities. The girls meet on Mondays in the Village Hall from 4.00 to 5.00pm. Any girl interested in joining or adult interested in helping out please call 01303 872529.
- Dymchurch Scouts. Boys and girls aged 10 to 14 years are welcome to join the Scout Troop. The troop meets in the Scout Hut in Chapel Road, Dymchurch from 7.00 to 9.00pm every Friday. Come along to find out more or phone 01303 872133.
- Romney Marsh Masonic Lodge No 4743
Meetings are held at 133 High Street in Dymchurch on the third Thursday of the months of October to May. For more information please contact Ted Fakley on 01303 872802 email.